Visit Reykjanes is responsible for marketing and promotion of the tourism on the Reykjanes peninsula.
- To develop and strengthen the image of Reykjanes peninsula Iceland as a tourist destination.
- To work with tourism companies and tourist representatives within Reykjanes peninsula.
- To cooperate with tourist information centres and coordinate information provided to tourists.
- To help stakeholders to assemble, coordinate and market innovation and events within the region, also research target groups and assist in marketing.
- To encourage innovation in tourism in the region, providing assistance and advice.
- Provide training and workshops for managers and staff in various areas of marketing and product development.
- Marketing and promotion of the Reykjanes peninsula via the web and social media, by publications and participation in workshops, exhibitions and marketing projects domestically and abroad.
- To participate in ongoing development projects for tourism in Reykjanes.
- Reykjanes Marketing Office is supported by the Icelandic Ministry of Industry and Innovation, five municipalities on the Reykjanes peninsula and has around 50 member companies.
Official Members of Visit Reykjanes
Visit Reykjanes is responsible for marketing and promotion of the Reykjanes peninsula.
Visit Reykjanes is supported by the Icelandic Ministry of Industry and Innovation, five municipalities in Reykjanes and has around 50 member companies. Companies that are members of Visit Reykjanes are all fully licensed and take part in developing Reykjanes peninsula as a destination.
For general information on the area and service contact:
Reykjanes information center
Duusgata 2-8, 230 Reykjanesbæ
Tel: +354 420 3246
For information on the marketing, media requests etc. contact:
Visit Reykjanes office
Þuríður Halldóra Aradóttir
Tel + 354 420 3294